Thursday, August 16, 2007

What Is It About This...

...drug addicted, fat ass, dying when your shitting, no talent that still has people fascinated? I was born in 1953 so I have a history that encompasses his heyday. I was never impressed then, and I'm still not. I remember driving back from Raleigh after dropping my younger brother off at NC State and hearing on the radio that he died. Didn't affect me in any way, shape or form. I'd feel the same way today if Dolly Parton died; good-goddamn-riddance. I remember going to a party in the '70's where the only music the hostess played was his. I lasted about ten minutes. Now they have all these impersonators out there making a fortune and thousands of pilgrims flocking to Graceland in 100+ degree heat holding a vigil. Just don't get it. Who goes to see this shit? Love Me Tender...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home