Saturday, November 11, 2006

I Always Hate It...

...when I have to disagree with
this lady.


Because I like the babster. But chivalry has never been dead. Perhaps it's never existed in some men, but for some, it's embedded in their structure. I always open doors for women, always let them go in front of me in the market, pick up things they drop. I could go on, but the point is that chivalry isn't something that happens when a woman is seen on crutches and men go out of their way to open a door. It's part of a man's nature. The guy that opens the door for a woman that's disabled could just as likely be one that would beat the hell out of her when she gets home. Don't rely on the things that are obvious. It's the subtle things that make a man.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I don't disagree with you hun, I was actually just relating the fact that I do appreciate such things when they happen (because they are very rare). Doesn't mean I want to date the guys. Just means I appreciate the smaller gestures enough that they stand out in my memory.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always hold doors, help with dropped items and such for both men and women equally. Being a decent person out in public is about the only difference you can mae in a strangers life.

Who knows? Some kid might see what you do and pick up some good habits.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right! I like to be treated like a lady in public, but the date that was the most polite IS the one that beat the hell out of me in private.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

I like what Hammer said... and, I think chivalry can apply to both sexes. Nice matters.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

Gee, men almost always hold doors for me. I'm a woman but definitely not infirm or elderly. I don't notice that it's any different than when I was young and feminism was just getting started. I think it's just good manners. I hold the door for others too. Once I held it for a chick in a wheelchair and she freaked out on me that she was quite capable of managing on her own. That freaked me out. I wasn't aware that I was stomping on her remaining abilities.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home