Saturday, September 08, 2007

Never Met The Man...

...but I certainly would have liked to spend a few hours with him. Over a few beers,laughs, music and rumblings.


I'm in a lot of pain this morning from a skin cancer procedure yesterday. I took myself there and drove my own ass home. Most of my family knew about it. And trust me, it wasn't that big of a deal. I live by myself for a reason. But a simple phone call to see if I was OK wouldn't have bothered me. Never got one, save for one friend. For that I am thankful. (ED: one son called today).

There's an art to caring. It comes from the soul. I would like to believe that health care professionals have those souls, but that is their job, so they have to remove themselves from the emotional side of things. As I was going through the procedure yesterday the nurse came in and was going through her usual routine and I just said "Hi Debbie". She seemed taken aback, not just because I remembered her name, but because I wasn't just some pussy laying on a table. I took the time to recognize her and what she was doing.

I didn't need a nurse maid when I got home. Just my Merlot. And some sleep. Hope you got some, because my ass sure as hell didn't.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

synical yet straightforward and brutally honest - if thats what you ask for - he is your friend - if you like sugar coating - you probably hate him - I like him

3:23 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I did to.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home