Saturday, January 20, 2007

If You're A Diehard Empiricist...

...you can leave now. Go take a dump or hang out with other turds. This post is for thinking people.


When I was a younger man I was anti-science, which led me to my philosophical side. Which led to my religious side. So I went to college at a Benedictine monastery. Fascinating experience, but I was too much of a rebel to go the full course.

As I've gotten older, I see the how the disciplines work together. There are no set answers. There are only arrogant shitheads that refuse to admit that it works both ways. If there is a God, which empiricists won't admit, then they immediately beg the question. Shit for brains.

You can choose to believe or not. It becomes a matter of faith. What sticks in my craw is individuals that want it both ways. God either is or he/she/it isn't. I've always followed the credo that I hope God believes in me.

I hope it for you as well.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GS,
Well said. I tip my hat.
Ed

6:55 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

You never wore a hat to cover that bald head...but thanks...

10:17 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

you said it well enough for me..I reckon that science is just man trying to discover god and religion is god made by man.

I have no doubt that there is a god..or at least a power much higher than any of mine..but I do have my doubts that ANY of the mad made religions have made the right call..I trust a science a lot more than I do a holy man.

2:39 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Guy...never trust anyone that comes at you under the guise of religion...you and sweetthing are covered...

4:29 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I believe in everything a little. It's simpler that way.

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gs,
I do now. Sunburn on top is tough to sleep with.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home