Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It Always Befuckles Me...

...when people spew forth from their mouth "I live each day as if it were my last".


I know what they are trying to convey by this statement, but in my opinion it makes them mental midgets. If, in fact, you had some cosmic knowledge as to your earthly demise, I doubt you would go about your daily activities.

For the most part, we turn our fate over to the gods in hope that we make it through another day as we go about our business. We wake up, shower, if you do so, maybe get some early morning nookie, breakfast, pay some bills and the like. I hardly think these are things you would do on your last day on the spinning planet.

In my feable mindset, those that speak these words are ignoring the fact that we all live as if it were our last day. One can leave their driveway and be killed in an accident a block away. An aneurysm. An AAA. We count on the fact that it won't be us. That is the way of life.

If you KNEW it were your last day, what would you do? I have a few tidbits I'll convey later. But the statement, in and of itself, is idiotic. Everyday could be our last. If you are one that believes it, quit your job, run roughshod over people that confront you, tell people what you really think, strip nekkid in a mall. In essence, throw caution to the wind.

Not likely to work in a world where we have to keep up our responsibilities and such. A better way to put it might be "If I knew today was my last, I'd say say fuck it and do what I want." Even then, I doubt you would. The prospect of death is one that we bury so deeply in our psyche's that we dance around it as best we can.

Just a thought. I'm off to see the man behind the curtain to see if I can negotiate some extra time, since I can't click my ruby heels together.



3 Comments:

Blogger KeesKennis said...

Hit your boss a whack on the mouth.

I have said it and then had the thoughts you wrote down.
Much better to say "Live your life to the full"

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to think I would throw caution to the wind, but I would probably just cry a lot and latch onto my kids for 24 hours.

Dying scares me. The thought of my brain and lungs and heart not working anymore terrifies me.

So when are you going to post your tidbits?

4:30 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I'll get around to it in a day or so QofD. Yeah, I know how you feel.

Can't pop my boss. He's my brother.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home