Tuesday, December 19, 2006

If You Know Me...

...even as a casual acquaintance, you know that I am one of the simplest persons in the world.


I don't buy things for myself. My needs are simple. I can make do with very little. And I have been this way as long as I can remember. I was married to a woman who's Dad was the CEO of a bank, and I hated all the hoopla that went with it. All I wanted was the love of that woman. I didn't realize the baggage that came with it.

If I had my druthers, I would live in a place like in the pic. I'd wake up, have my jumpstart, go get on my tractor, hook up whatever implement I deemed necessary for the day and let that clutch out and engage the PTO when I got to the place that needed my attention.

The older I get and and the more dismayed I become with society, the more I regret I didn't do this a long time ago. Divorce takes those dreams away from you. Wouldn't trade the time I had to spend with the boys during that time, but it would have been nice to have my own place that kept my spirit normal. My nature has always been one to work on my own, do it myself and then let my labor bring my goods. I never wanted to wear a suit and never wanted a 9-5 job. It's just the way it turned out. BUT, it ain't over till it's over

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hope you get your dream someday.

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats the life I want. Trying to convince the wife to retire early so we can spend some time out of the city in a place like that photo.

4:36 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Sure would be nice.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home