Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Generally Don't...


...criticize law enforcement officers. I figure they are out there putting their lives in danger and trying to keep my skinny ass safe should I dummy up and try to confront a big ole fat women in the market as she gazes longingly at a 45 pound rib roast. However, today I was just stupified. In the building I work in is a satellite college that holds classes for said law enforcement types. They really are enthralled with themselves. I ran into two in the men's piss room today, and I swear to the god of linguistics that this stupid motherfucker couldn't put two words together that would even come close to comprising a coherent sentence. More troubling than that was the fact that his cohort seemed to understand him. It scared my willy so much so that he immediately took shelter in my duodenum. I had to make a concerted effort not to laugh because I feared some bad mojo might come back to haunt me. I'd hoped it was an isolated incident, until I found this today...

Four New York City police were called to an apartment house in July in the Bronx concerning a landlord-tenant dispute, but were distracted by a teenager in the hallway smoking marijuana and started to chase him, when a pit bull attacked the officers. The toll, 26 bullets later: one dead dog, one bitten officer, three other officers wounded by each other's gunshots. [New York Post, 7-24-06]


Sigh...and we allow these people to carry guns. I think that tsunami a few years back really did throw the planet off it's axis and we're spinning into a black hole of galactically stupid.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, it is that bad and worse. Go read some of the stories at Radley Balko's blog, theagitator.com, if you want to read some stuff like this that's even worse.

4:45 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

OH I have, I have...

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home