Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Chicken Little...


...has hit the airwaves here. And the sky is falling. Ernesto is expected to come directly over the apartment tomorrow. As advised by the governor I've put together my survival kit so as to avoid loss of life and limb. I have my 2000 amp generator and a tractor-trailer load of bottled water and MRE's. I went and purchased a hummer at lunch and then swung by the pharmacy and got a prescription of Xanax and some comdoms. Oh, they're for the new sex doll I picked up at the adult toy store. Can't be too safe these days. The Porta-Jon should be delivered just before dusk and on the way home from work I picked up the complete works of Shakepeare. And I have my two 50 gallon barrels of gas out back which are hooked up to the nuclear powered generator in case the other one fails.

So I should be set. Of course the trailer parked in the middle of the parking lot is pissin' some people off, but hell, 25 mile an hour winds are pretty damned scary and could blow the roof off the building. Then everyone will be seeking shelter in the trailer, but hell no. Ain't gonna happen. It's mine. I heeded the warning.

And of course they are warning of SEVERE flooding from 5 inches of rain and suggest we watch the weather on the local stations to keep abreast of where the water is rising. Hmmm, alot of territory to cover, but I will do as told and stay my ground, even if I see the lake behind the apartment getting ready to envelope my abode. If there's no reporter around to tell my ass to get the hell out or if I don't get a call from the governor them I'm standing fast. I want to stick to protocal.

Wish me luck. The sky will be falling tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger curmudgeon said...

I heard no mention of booze. You're fucked.

1:44 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I've ALWAYS got plenty of that...

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home