Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This Soldier Took Umbrage...

for something I posted with a link from Craig's List. He doesn't have anything in his sidebar where you link directly to a recent post, so if you want to find it do a search on GS.


I'll give him his due, as I did in the comments. It seems he wants total honesty on the internet and on blogs. I respect the man, but what the fuck? We can't get that in real life, and if you think the internet and blogs are full of honesty, well then I just might as well stick my head back up my own ass.

If I sit down and have a conversation with a friend(which is silly, because I don't have any) and he spews forth several things, how the hell am I supposed to go check on them to make sure they're true. And would I even care? What I posted was something I found. Did I research it? Hell no. I took it at face value for what it was.

I ran across something today that said the total number of American troops killed in Iraq is closer to 7000, because they don't count those that died on the way to Germany, or died when they got there. I didn't post it because I feared it the same ramifications. I happen to think it's true, from what I've heard my sources. But what the hell. It doesn't make any difference.

The truth is what it is. Whether we believe it or not is irrelevant. For example, this gentleman proposed marriage to this woman. Jokingly, I'm sure. But how would we know. I like the man's writing, as I do hers, and they seem truthful when doing so, but how does one really know? I know her slightly and I doubt this kinda shit would fly under normal circumstances. But given the fact that he likes to joke around, I would take it as such. Maybe he really is sincere. Then what?

When it comes to knowledge, truth is a very subjective thing, as the great philosophers said and wrote about. I tend to agree. On my planet, I make my own. That's what counts. Is it true? Damned if I know. Does it matter? Not likely.

Not everything that gets posted on this blog is true nor reflects reality. It isn't a papal dictum. I don't control reality. Just as there are books that are written that skew the truth or present facts that aren't true, so it is here. This is for fun, folks. If I go into my "reality" mode, trust me, it will be real and you won't have a fucking prayer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Oh get a grip. Paramedics are the biggest bullshitters out there, just a way of paying a girl a compliment is all.

6:07 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Never said he wasn't. I was just expressing my opinion that you can't tell what is true or not on the internet. Drink some iced tea. Sweet.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

GS,

I heard your cry for help when Jabba the Hut's sister started looking good to you last month, but if/when THIS guy starts to turn your crank... please seek help!!!!


(my eyes, my eyes.... yet, I cannot look away. It's like a car accident in purple spandex.)

5:43 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

What are your office hours??

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home