Friday, April 27, 2007

Why Is It...

...that sinus infections are always worse in the morning and the evening?



I woke up Monday morning feeling like someone had poured concrete up my ear canal and it settled in my nasal cavities, with the residual settling in my throat. I had to bail work early, even though I'd already put in 8 hours, and I slept for the entire day on Tuesday.

I've been getting better by the day, with the help of some OTC decongestant, but damned if this shit doesn't strangle your ass in the AM and the PM. And it makes your blood pressure go through the roof.

I'll quit bitchin' now. Just wondering.

4 Comments:

Blogger Full-On-Forward said...

SNOT- is attracted to darkness. As soon as it gets light it starts to go away and at twighlight it eases out. Little known fact- Boogers are snot mixed with dust and I must confess that I live in SC where they just had the Democratic Convention.

Did the Munchkin in your previous pic show up? I refused to watch it.

John

4:04 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I would have never guessed that explanation. And yeah, he showed up. Little twit.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Get you some Mucinex. All it is is a heavy-duty dose of guiafenesin but it will liquify all that crap so your nose will run but it'll get the pressure off without sending your pressure up.

Another option is to see if your doc will give you a script for Entex-LA. It's guiafenesin with phenylephrine which actually will send your pressure up. But it's good stuff.

1:48 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Did the Mucinex thing the other morning. Back in the game, as much as I can be. Made it through the week. Sorry you're getting torched down there.

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home