Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sometimes You Get Lucky...

...in life and sometimes not. If you had to choose one area, what would it be? I got very lucky in the sons department. They are accommodating as hell when it comes to my family. You know what it's like trying to coordinate schedules over Christmas.




I was going to go see them and the X and her sister in Pinehurst this weekend until I got this viral shit from andromeda which makes me feel like I've delivered every liquid part of my innards into some part of the apartment. Not necessarily where they should have gone. And I think I've fractured every damned rib in my body. And no appetite whatsoever. I've had one bowl of cereal the past three days. And water. But they were understanding when I told them I probably wouldn't make it. But I haven't seen nor talked to the X in well over a year, so that might not have gone to well. But their cousin, the Marine who's been in Iraq, will only be home for a few days, so they're coming up a day early so they can spend some time with him. He deserves it. He's been at war.

Soooo, you may hope for it all, but when it comes down to it, I'll take what I have over love, money, recognition and fame. I'm just fine with it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Sorry you have to miss the weekend festivities. Hope you get better soon.
Bless those boys of yours!

5:27 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Thanks girl.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I was lucky in the kid department myself. But if I could choose only one thing to have, it would be peace of mind. When you got that, you got it all.

10:19 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

LOL. I'm never gonna get to that point, likely.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home