Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Shit Happens...

...and it usually happens to us.
If Santa can beatdown Rudolph to the point of having a babies ass sitting on his neck, then dammit, none of us are safe.

My point? Quit trying to make people stick to the staus quo. We like our relationships to be congruous. As long as we feel they meld with our expectations, all is right with the world. When one or the other deviates from that comfort zone, we feel threatened and confused. And we try to drag them back to their expected place. Like Rudolph here. Maybe he didn't wanna lead the pack any longer. And his ass got nailed because of it. Santa is a deer beater. We all change, on a daily basis, most likely. What was once a comfort zone no longer is. We may get bored with you and your incessant ways of doing things. Maybe you could relax the rules a bit. Quit being a prison guard and leave the slammer open. See what happens.

Life isn't meant to be lived statically. That doesn't mean we can't stick to our guns when it comes to child rearing and such. But if your SO wants a change of pace, what the hell. There's harm in that? You can't categorize people. It never works.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright dude. You're going to have to tell me how the hell you do this really cool "Read more" thing.

I have one of these on my blog but it's a really sorry-ass "Read more" thing. Your's kicks my "Read more"s ass, what with all of the text appearing out of nowhere, and no new page loads and crap.

Does it require a PhD in HTML? Does it required on button push? Is it somewhere in between?

Talk to me. ;)

7:26 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

It's pretty easy Dan. Just Google "Read More and Blogger" and you'll find several sites that tell you how to do it(which is how I found it).

8:14 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

http://forum.blogexplosion.com/showthread.php?t=610&highlight=read+blogspot

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! For some reason I just can't seem to get this one to work. I've spent about 30 minutes with it, and I seem to be doing everything it says.

Perhaps I'll search a bit more. I do have one version working on my blog now, though it's not as cool.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home