Thursday, December 21, 2006

For The Record...

...I'd like to square things up regarding the below post. I apologized for some comments I made that were neither related to sex, body parts nor anything else that would be denegrating to a woman.


What I did say was that I would break the way she is. She apparently took that as an affront to the way she lives her life. My intentions were not romantic in any way(I know better), but I did comment on her eyes. But I have told many friends they have beautiful eyes and I would take the image of them to my grave. That's how I would remember them.

The thing I was trying to accomplish was to somehow break through the tough exterior she portrays and maybe make her see that she can be open but still strong. It seems to me, only from afar, that one bad marriage turned her into a misandrist. But again, I could be wrong. I have been in the past.

And my reaction to her renting out a room to a male was the same as it would be to any woman in the 21st century. Are you sure? This isn't the wild west. Things have changed drastically since then. Seemingly benign individuals can turn into monsters on a minutes notice. Even if you think of them as friends, the circumstances can turn deadly in a heartbeat. That was my only point.

She has been going through some tough times the past few weeks and I offered to help. The offer still stands. She made a comment somewhere else that what I said makes her realize "who her true friends are." I'd still like to be considered as such, but it's probably not likely.

I could post the links and the message archive about all this for some sort of self-gratification, but I'm not that way. Better left private. Again, I apologize. That's the best I can do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I am open when, where, and with whom I choose to be open. But it's not something that can be forced or "broken" into. That closes doors, it doesn't open them.

You're giving way too much credit to one bad marriage that ended a lifetime ago and my memory rarely stretches back that far. I respond to the world as it has presented itself to me in the time since.

I have had male roommates before. At one time I had two. If anything it's entertaining to say the least. And quite an education. I've played social secretary before, though I never could quite keep up with all their women...and your comments about that were not presented in the interest of my safety but were very snide and crude and totally uncalled for. You deny thinking the very things you insinuate.

1:15 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Well, I could turn the tables on you and tell you not to tell me what I meant to say or what I was insinuating, but I won't. Herman Hesse penned a great book, "Narcissus and Goldmund", which I recommend you read. It will give you a different perspective when you look in the mirror. And let's make this the last of personal attacks, shall we. It doesn't do either one of us any good. I apologized. That should be enough. It is in my world. Apparently not in yours.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

So I'm not allowed to defend my position then?

3:26 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

You can defend it all day long and I would listen, with an open mind.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

As I did, in the above comment. No personal attacks anywhere in what I said.

4:43 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I stand corrected.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home