Saturday, September 16, 2006

I Ask Your...


...indulgence on this one. I know someone that needs some help. They're kinda overwhelmed by life's circumstances. They would never admit it because they're more stubborn than any human I have ever met. Teenagers are tough nuts to raise. I went through it with mine, even if I wasn't physically present, I was on the phone all the time with either them or the X. I made more unexpected trips to Tennessee than I care to recount.

This is a prayer rope. So whatever your beliefs, offer up a thought or a prayer for this person. They need it at the moment. I feel it, but they won't talk to me. It's their nature to internalize it and let it tear their body and psyche up. If they want to be mad at my ass, that's fine. I'm just asking for some love for this person. There's a tender heart in there somewhere, but it just can't get out because of life's circumstances. Delbert McClinton wrote a song about it. Go forth and listen, and pray. This person is worth it, in my book anyways.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen brother, amen (the prayer part anyway)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

hoping your friend finds relief soon.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Northwoods Woman said...

ok I'll pray

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strong well-focused hopes from Southern Arizona.

6:38 AM  
Blogger LL said...

You got it.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home