Monday, September 25, 2006

Boys And Girls...


...I don't mean to be condescending, but anyone out there that continues with this crap about 'are we safer' doesn't think with the vigor they could. The world has NEVER been a safe place. Every day when you walk out the door you are taking your life in your own hands. If you live with a gun owner, safe or not, you are taking your life in your own hands. If you smoke or drink to excess, same thing. I could go on and on but I'm not going to belabor the point. There are people out there, and circumstances, that we have no control over. You're life could be snuffed out in the blink of an eye, which it usually is. The preznit doesn't control that shit. This new report out that says we are less safe because of the war in Iraq is nothing more than another agency hellbent on blaming someone. Living is a risk. We seem to have lost that mindset. We teach our kids not to run out in the street, only to go out and take risks ourselves that put the very people we were trying to protect at risk. Make sense? Of course not. It's being human. If you think it's consistent in any way, shape or form, then you should lock yourself away. Because you'll never make it, or a loved one won't. We have this built in mechanism where we occasionally think about our mortality. We have another that drags us out of that frame of mind because we would go insane if all we did was contemplate our own demise. It's a weird state of affairs. But just damn...THINK...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Very well said...I'm back to agreeing with you again! LOL.

1:06 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

You fickle, fickle bitch...Best to M...

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Smoke or drink to excess" are my middle names. I recently changed them from "Pass me more of those drugs". A long time ago I thought about using the names
"I give a fuck about politics" but it just didn't fit my personality.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Great post GS. I've been saying the same thing myself for a long time. Not that anyone listens...

5:55 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Keep on thinking, Libby...

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home