Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Don't Convey...


...things very well in the dawn of a new day, when my head is still filled with the gobblins of a night of mischievious slumber. But, don't worry your weary heads about it. This will not be pretty. What has provoked my colonic ire you might ask? This. Not the author herself. I like her. The hormone thing I don't. I understand that women have these issues and it pretty much screws up the innards. Men have them as well. They just don't know they do. I take DIM. It's a natural estrogenic that is supposed to help with the wayward estrogens in a man who has PCa. It's turned me into a freaking eunuch like creature. But I know who the hell I am and I ain't gonna go on about all sorts of shit that happens and blame it on the HO-MONES. I control what I say and what I think. I lived with that for ten years. Not me, the X. Every fucking day for two weeks out of the month it was one tirade after another. Same with all her friends. When queried about it the standard response was....PMS. The HO-MONES. It got worse through the years as menopause was setting in. In her mid-thirties. I was the whipping post. Not because I had done anything. Just because I was in the vacinity of the scoundrels that were wreaking jihad on my universe.

If you read the link above, scroll down and read some more. DAMN, this woman can write. And vehemently, I might add. Why is it that when the HO-MONES get out of whack the men-folk end up bearing the brunt of the nuclear fallout? There aren't many days that I feel 'good'. But I don't think I post misogynistic diatribes .

Is there some sort of mutation in the X chromosome that gives them license to lash out at men? I just do not get this. Please explain it to me. I'm a curious individual. When I go to meet my maker I want all the ammo I can have so I can get a reprieve and come back and haunt some people that need it. Help me out here.

UPDATE: Here's a much more radical. view of it. I'm just offering...ya know...

9 Comments:

Blogger Pammy said...

Believe it or not, it isn't some grand scheme to beat men into submission...really. We take it out on men because they're there. They're handy. Sad, but true.

I can't even begin to imagine what life as part of a lesbian couple would be like during the "ho-monal" times.

5:50 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Honest assesment Pammy...and good luck with the new job...

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yanno?...I just don't get it either. I had slight pms..but due to other medical reasons I had to have a hyst. at the age of 32. But I never went "ho-monal" on folks...things didn't piss me off MORE during that time, just the regular "pissed off" type of shit.

And Menopause? ppfffttt...a peace of cake, compared to others, I guess. Hot flashes and strange dreams, but nothin' earth shattering.

Oh..and thats not to say I don't believe it affects some folks differently...but dayum! All the lame excuses? Well I guess it's like Pammy said...you dudes get caught in the cross fire. But I still don't understand it.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...and if I may ask?...whut is PCa?

And yes, she is an amazing woman and relates it well with her writing.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm not blaming hormones for the emergence to the surface of years' worth of anger. I'm blaming them for the mood swings and the hot flashes.

As for the rest, it's well deserved thanks to society, as I explained. Sad, but true. I don't toss it out onto men because they're "there". I toss it out onto the assholes who think I'm supposed to be nothing but an object to them. A means to an end. Those people, in my experience, happen to be men. Such is life.

7:10 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

imp...you are a bright women. Keep it up. And PCa is an anacronym for prostate cancer...

Barbara...I will address your comment in a new post...next year is the the crown for the daughter...no doubt...

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks. and i wonder...

yes...hormones do play a balance i guess...but to USE them, in day to day activities and proclivities?...no ...i dont thinks so...reasons, yes....excuses..no.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hormones can be a horrible thing.
I went through an ordeal about two years or so ago, where my doc changed my hormone levels on my pills. Because of that, my body reacted adversely. I was a raging mess of emotions, and physically it messed me up too. When we got the hormone balance where it was supposed to be, I felt again like my real self.
Speaking as both a woman and a scientist, I can tell you with great assurance that hormones do affect women, both physically and mentally. With some, it may be worse than others.
But, it does have merit.

9:39 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

the debate goes on...

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home