Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Love A Good...


...intellectual tango. Kinda like 'Dancing With The Cranium'. Miss BabsRn thinks I had my toe stepped on because of a post I made and her subsequent comment on said post. You can read it here. I'm not here to defend myself, because I don't feel like I have been attacked. I'm pretty sure of who I am. And I don't have a particular mindset about women. OH, I may make the occasional reference to a woman's body part, but quite frankly, I don't care one way or the other. It's literary. Nothing more. I don't like being lumped in with the neanderthals. If a woman has an issue with them, then say so. I've never treated a woman with anything but respect. I still open doors, I still say thank you Ma'am at the market and if I'm involved with them they get flowers. If someone's life experiences have been otherwise, how does that involve me? I've been told on THREE occasions that I'm too nice. So how do I fit into the mold of the typical male?

And all I did was comment on the hormone thing. Do I think this woman, or any, for that matter, is an OBJECT? Of course not. I spent almost two hours on the phone the other night with a woman that has alot of problems at the moment. Never once did I think of her as anything other than a person that needed help. Did I help her? She said I did, so I'll take her word for it. I didn't feel like I did much, but what the hell.

If someone is going to offer up their opinions, then I will respect them at all costs. You have a right to do that. But to include, or even insinuate, that the rest of said individuals are included in the package that has offended you isn't quite fair. Babs didn't do that. She qualified herself. Good for her. She's too smart for that. But there are some out there that do, and that sucks for us that are good and decent men. And I'm sorry for women like Babs. She's an extremely attractive, caring, intellectual and lovely woman. If someone of my gender treats her badly, then he should be shot, on spot. Nuff said...

6 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

I was raised during the era when the man walked on the side of the sidewalk next to the street and opened doors for the ladies and said yes maam and no maam. It is an ingrained habit and yeah, I have had my butt chewed and called a sexist pig for holding the door for some young women..but I just smile and say something about "don't worry honey, I'm not trying to compete with your girl friend..

2:48 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

LOL...yeah, me to Guy. I even call the little chitlins at the market Ma'am. They look at me like I'm a pervert, which, of course...

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jack H said...

And we prefer the term "bastards." Sheesh.


J

11:36 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Good point, J. Next time I go through the line and the little honey asks me if I found everything I was looking for I'll retort...'Damned right I did, bitch, show me your titties'...

12:05 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Geez...what have I set my son up for? He's been brought up by a strong, fiercely independent, feisty Mom and yet...he opens my doors for me, opens my car door and starts my car and then closes the door behind me before he enters the car, and even though he hates that I smoke he will light my cigarette for me...I taught both my kids "Yes Ma'am" and "No Ma'am" (along with Yes Sir and No Sir) from the time they were babbling their first words. And I have taught them to be a lady - when it's called for - and a gentleman.

If others don't appreciate that, then it's their problem.

4:55 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

It was said tongue in cheek with just a tad bit of facetiousness slipped in...and good for you. More parents should instill those values...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home