Thursday, September 13, 2007

First Off, Let Me Apologize...

...for the fact that I am about to ask for prayer for the second time in one week. The good news about my friends sister is that she has no other cancer in her body and will be operated on the first of next week for the brain tumor, which should be a piece-of-cake as tumors go.


However, on Monday, my former wife has a biopsy scheduled for breast cancer. This is someone that is the Mother of my children, and they don't deserve two parents whom have cancer. I have four ventricles in my heart, and she owns two of them. Even after twenty years of being apart. I offered to be there but she's convinced it's nothing. But I made her promise to call me when she gets the results and if it isn't good news then we get a second opinion here at Duke.

I'm a pretty seasoned veteran when it comes to this stuff, and I'm not naive enough to think that bad things aren't gonna happen. After talking to her last night we just laughed about it and I told her the other one is big enough that they can just take half of that and attach it to the other side. But, goddammit, I don't want my sons having to worry about their parents when they are in the prime of their lives.

We will survive, but if you have some room on that prayer rope of yours I would appreciate it if you could offer a few up for her.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

prayers, good wishes, and positive thoughts up.

1:16 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Thanks again, imp.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She and your friend's sister, and you, are in my thoughts and prayers. And out here in Texas, that's powerful stuff.

-Joe, one of your faithful readers

5:33 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Thank you kindly Joe. I appreciate that.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home