Friday, July 20, 2007

Fuck It Friday...

..with various and sundry other gleaning's.


  • This whole Harry Potter thing escapes my ass. I'm glad for "Jo" Rowling. Hell, she's a damned billionaire. I've got $32 in the bank a debt load of about $45,000. But I'm drinking a $100 bottle of wine tonight, so she has nothing on my ass far as I can tell. I've never read any of the books nor seen any of the movies. Nor do I care to. I have enough wizards floating around in my head. I don't need to be reading about any. And it will never compare to Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings.

  • The ex's Mom was a raging alcoholic. And I mean the kind that had vodka bottles hidden all over the damned place. She hid them in places even my ass couldn't think of. She had it down to an art. We dealt with it the entire time we were married, which didn't help things any, but that's history. Point is, I never liked being involved in the whole situation. The daughters hired a maid/caregiver that they eventually decided was stealing from their Mom. They "asked" me to fire her. Hell, I liked the woman and she treated their Mom well, but they were from a rich family and they were convinced that she was stealing money that would eventually be theirs, so I fired her ass. I regret that to this day. She was a good woman and I didn't believe any of the allegations. It was the last time I let myself be a puppet for anyone's dirty work.

  • My Mom always made the best meatloaf in the world. You could count on it. Succulent, full of onions and peppers and greasy as your shit after a night of tequila. One night she tried a neighbors recipe. I threw up on my plate. She used Spam or something. The look on her face was priceless. So was my Dad's, who just asked for another martini. And a napkin.

  • I went to the market tonight after work. My nephew works as a cashier there now. He does one hell of a job. I made it a point to go through his line since he was kind enough to help me when I went through the reaction to the BP medicine. We had a nice chat as the scanning process was going on. This kid has perfect teeth. I guess that's what parents are for, if they have the money and inclination, but MFG, this kids teeth are something that should be in commercials. But that's not my point. He's a good kid, he treated the customers well, and he was polite and helpful. He deserves credit, but most of all, so do his parents.

  • I'm sorry to say that I've had to subjugate myself to one of the lesser expensive bottles of wine I received for my B'Day. I wasn't capable of drinking them when I finally got them home. I've been through the most expensive and will work my way down, until, of course, I reach my usual box of Franzia. Which I piss out just as easily as the expensive shit.

  • I've been doing exhaustive research on BP medicines and my ass is pretty much fucked. Whatever it is that's in penicillin and ACE inhibitors and BetaBlockers, my ass is having nothing to do with them. I suppose I could quit smoking and drinking, but one is a vasoconstrictor and the other a vasodilator, so they should cancel one another out, n'est pas? Any ideas?

  • Did you hear about the lady that killed her newborn by putting it in the microwave? She said she wouldn't have done it had she not been so drunk. Now that's my kinda woman. "Hey Babe, what's for dinner?" "Baby Cathy Ann and some sauerkraut. You wanna nother shot?"

  • I was accepted to Law School. Ex didn't want me to go. I'm ambivalent as to how I feel about that decision now. It was a long time ago. One thing I do ponder about, however, is when a judge tells the jury to disregard a witnesses statement. Like they'll just wipe it out of their heads? And what about people who are convicted and then when they make a statement tell everyone how sorry they are for all the pain they've caused? How come that emotional trigger didn't click in their heads when they were committing the crime? I think I would have made one hell of a lawyer, IMHO.

  • Retrograde ejaculation. Look it up and learn. It may come in handy one day.



3 Comments:

Blogger Dick said...

"I've never read any of the books nor seen any of the movies."

Rent the first movie and watch it.
If it doesn't do anything for you, I'll pay you the rental fee or whatever.
I pity you because this is timeless greatness.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Dick said...

Oh, and just so ya know, she eats Tolken for breakfast.

3:09 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

BD - I'm sure she eats Tolken for breakfast, but were we to get into a literary comparison between she and Tolkien, I'm not so sure that the experts would agree. Alas, not for me to say. I haven't read Tolkien in years and I don't plan on reading her. Just the way it is.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home