Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm No Doomsayer...

...but I've been watching a movie that depicts this scenario. Not the Armageddon one with Bruce Willis. That was bullshit.


So was this one, pretty much. But somewhat more realistic. It's always been my contention that be it nuclear war or some sort of asteroid crashing into the planet, we can't comprehend the ramifications. Nonetheless, it should give us pause.

Seems to my simple mind that at one time or another something like this will happen. Some say it's what killed off the dinosaurs. Likely to happen again, I would suspect. That, or some nuke. Unfortunate, to say the least. Best it be at the hand of nature than us.

Be that as it may, read some Melville, read some Hemingway and some Twain. Huck Finn is an excellent novel. Of course, if our asses are blown off the planet it won't make much difference. But a good read is a good read, dontcha think?


2 Comments:

Blogger phlegmfatale said...

I agree about tucking into a good read. Frankly, I have crisis fatigue - I'm sick of hearing all the things that "might" kill me or that "may" decimate our species. Best get on with the business of living.

7:34 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Couldn't have said it better. Great name, BTW.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home