Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Most People Base Their Perceptions Of The World...

...on the training they had from their parents.


Then they branch out and become egocentric. It's to be expected. Feed the beast. Which it is. A beast. Freud thought so. As did Adler and Jung. It always makes my asshole shiver with laughter when I read bloggers that say they just 'love' writing. Bullshit. You want the attention. Why would sitemeter or statcounter even be in existence? If you aren't making money off of your site, then why would you care if people read it or not?

I've spent the past month getting medical tests done and working way beyond the boundaries I'm capable of at this time. But my ego has never come into play. But I have religiously read the blogs I like and it has confirmed my opinion that we are in a sorry state of affairs.

I would think that blogging is a venue to convey thoughts and feelings, which it is. And if you write to elicit a certain response for an idea you've thrown out there, well enough. But when one turns that into a "hey, look at my sitemeter" party, what the hell is that? It's nothing more than an effort of someone that has some serious self-image problems and needs validation from somewhere.

Why is it that some bloggers convey their new found relationships and how happy they are, and the potential involved, only to come back a few weeks later and break the news that it didn't work out? Because there is no future. It's doomed from the start.

Just because you have a degree in something or other doesn't make you an expert in anything. I trust garage keys more than you. And by garage keys I mean the sitting down at a table and discussing things that have a genuine bearing on social, political and religious ramifications. It doesn't include the stupid ass comments about how a blogger will willfully blow away another human because of their religion. A "thinking" man or woman knows better. But that's just me.

So, on to the medical facts. PSA of 1.2, down from 3.2 in November. Read it and weep. Total Cholesterol - 181, HDL - 85, LDL - 89, Triglycerides - 108, Blood Sugar - less than Normal, Liver Enzymes - normal, Kidneys, etc, Normal. What does this mean? Not a damn thing to you, and it will change for me.

It doesn't mean shit. You write, we read. But a word of caution. You aren't nearly as important as you've come to think you are. Stupid blogs awards mean nothing. You are the same speck you were when you were born.








3 Comments:

Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

LOL...feeling a bit existential, are we?

I'd think that with your recent labs, you'd be a little sunnier. ;)

5:41 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

A wee bit, yes. And if you've ever read any Sartre or Camus you'd know we don't have sun in our universe.

12:48 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I'm not a sympathy seeker.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home