Friday, April 20, 2007

They Claim That Right Before You Die...

...your life passes before you. I'm not sure how they determine that scientifically. I'm no scientist, and I didn't spend the night at a Holiday Inn, so I should recuse myself from the discussion.


Be that as it may, I have been freaking my own skinny ass out lately. For instance, I'm not a "remember" dreamer. I know we all dream. But I never remember any of mine. I have as of late, and they revolve around situations in my life. I walk down the halls at work and see people from my past and it conjures up memories. That kinda freaks my ass out. I usually chalk it up to being psychologically challenged, but I've been that way for 50 years, so that won't pass muster.

So, in my deranged state of mind, I'm wondering if it's possible that we can anticipate our own demise? The onset of sudden death doesn't give one much time to do so. But what if you knew death was creeping up on you? You can't do anything about it, because the scythe has already been swung, but it's in slow motion.

Just wondering...and if it comes to fruition, if you'd like to take over this blog, e-mail me and I'll set you up.

5 Comments:

Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Speed up your education. I want you to cremate my ass.

6:22 PM  
Blogger none said...

Dreams can be disturbing and seem real at times. I prefer not remembering them.

9:19 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Me too, especially lately.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I have seen a number of instances where people of all ages just somehow instinctively "knew" whether consciously or not. The four-year-old with cancer who sent his radio home with his father one night, telling him "I won't be needing that anymore." The gentleman planning a vacation with his wife and making arrangements for when "she" comes back (not "we"). One thing they've all had in common though was a peace about it. It sounds to me like your dreams may be stemming more from anxiety showing itself in your dreams so it can be dealt with. If you're in the shape where you're thinking it may be imminent, then perhaps it's time to make peace with life and the hereafter.

5:18 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I'll go with the anxiety thingy...

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home