Monday, April 09, 2007

I Will Comment On This Stupid Lynching...

...only because I happen to think it is just that, a lynching.


Before 1997 I had never heard of the Imus In The Morning show. For those of you unfamiliar, it's a radio program that is simulcast on MSNBC. I've been hooked ever since. I've watched it first thing in the morning for the past ten years. It's sophomoric and irreverent, but at the same time politicians love to appear on it as do the drive-by-media.

His comment about the Rutger's women's basketball team being some "nappy headed ho's" isn't any more offensive, if even less so, than the stuff rappers spew on their songs, but you never hear any outrage about that. People like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson like to go for the big fish so they can stay in the spotlight. Was it a stupid comment? Of course so. Was it delivered in malice? I don't think so.

This guy has raised more money for more charities than most could. I have contributed to his ranch for kids with cancer. As of tonight he has been suspended for two weeks, starting Monday. This will change the whole dynamics of his program, which will result in a dwindling of those that want to appear, because of the fallout. In essence, it will be the death of the program. MSNBC will drop it because they need to stay away from the controversy and WFAN is a sports station, so they it's hard to say what they will do. He brings in a lot of revenue for them. He might as well sell the apartment in Manhattan and the house in Connecticut, move to the ranch full time and help the kids.

We have become such a psychologically pussified people that one can't even sneeze without being accused of spreading a deadly virus. I didn't always agree with what he said or what he did, but I didn't have to. I could have changed the channel. It was my choice to watch. I hope he hangs in there, but if it were me, I'd pack it in and head west. Who needs the shit he's gotten over the past few days.

6 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Yeah people can't say dick anymore without getting their butts handed to them.

Imus would be better off just saying it was a joke and get over it.

12:12 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

He's been getting hammered(ha ha, get it) pretty well and for christ's fucking sake, how many times does he have to apologize for it? Just move on...

1:06 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

wow, you should see what I wrote. you're cool!

2:11 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Greg, I did see it and commented.

QofD, what pisses my ass off is this incessant need people seem to have developed to be outraged at something all the time.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Rappers can say it because they are of the same race in most cases. Others of course aren't allowed to. The same goes for any derogatory racial name calling.. it's okay, unless you happen to be a different race.. then it is scrutinized to death and your labeled a racist even if it was said in jest.

Huge double standard.. I feel bad for the man personally and think he should tell anyone that mentions it again to bite his lily white honky ass. :D

6:35 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Couldn't have said it better...

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home