Thursday, March 22, 2007

On The Political Level...

...I happen to think John Edwards is a shyster. He was as a lawyer and he was as my state senator.


The disclosure today that his wife's cancer has returned made me feel sorry for her and hence, by extension, him. Bone cancer is a slow and painful way to die. I've seen it. They put on their brave and kick-ass faces today, but I give her two years, tops. Unless they've made some strides in chemo over the past three years I'm not aware of. But, in the end, all you're doing is prolonging a life. And, as it goes, it gets worse the longer you go.

That said, this could catapult Edwards into the lead for the dems. All that talk of love of country, courage, stay the course and such is just mushy rhetoric, but it plays with people with a sympathetic bend to their personality. If he takes her on the campaign trail and parades her around as the suffering servant he just might beat the wicked witch from the west.

I feel sorry for their kids, however. I wouldn't like to have thought as a kid that my parents thought there was a cause greater than my being with them. But, it ain't my ass and I wouldn't vote for him anyways. I offer up my meager prayers for her. She seems like a good lady.

4 Comments:

Blogger GUYK said...

I happen to think you are right

2:37 AM  
Blogger none said...

If I were edwards I would drop out and take care of my wife. Hey but that's just me.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Dick said...

Can't tell you how many times we wished we could have simply overdosed the morphine to my aunt when she had bone cancer. Slow and painful is the onlyu way to describe it.
I wish this lady the best.

5:21 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Don't know if I'm right, Guy. Just my opinion.

I would do the same, hammer.

And Dick, you don't know how many times I thought about doing the same thing.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home