Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It Never Ceases To Amaze Me...

...when you're dealing with an aged parent and how things pan out. Especially when it comes to the technical stuff.


After my dad died I bought the mombo a new TV which came included with a built in DVD/VCR combo. Panasonic piece of shit, because both of them broke in the past month. TV is fine. So she goes out and buys a new combo and they apparently have this new thing where you can't rewind past the last program you recorded. That's gotta be the dumbest piece of shit I've ever heard of. Hell, even my sons can't figure it out.

So I will trek to the mother domain this weekend and resolve the problem. As I always do.

I don't "feel" like doing it, but if I don't then it makes me less of a son and even more so, less of a human being. We have the opportunity in our lives to sacrifice ourselves for the sake of others. I relish those. Nuff said.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology sucks with aging parents. I'm made the mistake of buying my Dad a computer. That was some though going at first.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GS,
Did much the same for for my Mom when she was still with us.I echo your thoughts concerning taking care of them as best we can. However, anything concerning phones, DVDS, TVs, etc meant a phone call to the local tech expert. Your a good son. Hope you feel satisfied and proud about that.
Ed
PS We have about 4" of snow on the ground, expecting more and temp is bouncing back and forth the 0 mark.
They canceled public schools. Superintendent is transplanted Southener, so I guess thats in keeping with your mind set. All my best

10:59 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I'd rather be in bed with QofD, but if second best is a mission of mercy, then I guess I'll settle for that. 4" would cripple this place, as did the 18" we had a few years ago. It took me five days to get out on the road. I remember when we got our folks a computer. It was constant tech support.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home