Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Weather Folks Are Calling For...

...another round of winter weather here for tomorrow.


It's supposed to start out as snow and then change to freezing rain. I'll determine my travel plans to and from work in the AM. Of course, these masters of meteorology can never be "specific". Which just befuckles my ass because they have all these technological instruments at their disposal, but it seems they can't make very good use of them. Maybe I'll be spending the night at work or maybe a Comfort Inn or some such. Work doesn't serve alcohol, so it's a likely guess I will risk life and limb to find some place close to work, since it's going to be worse in my neck of the woods.

I'll deal. What throws my ass into a fit of angry, gaseous rage is the amount of people that converge on the market to get "staples" to get them through the onslaught. Gallons of water, tons of bread; you know the scenario. I had to go tonight to cash my check. Bejesus, the lines were ten deep. I was out of wine so I had to get that and some tostitos and cheese sauce. Those are staples. No water, no beans, no TP, no fried chicken, no dog food, no bread, no bologna. I'm keepin' it real. If my ass is stuck in the house I'm gonna pleasure my palette and my grief-stricken liver. If I run out of TP I'll run outside and grab a leaf or two. Three if I drink too much. I'll update tomorrow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GS,
Your weather rants slay me. It tickles me to no end that the "staple hunters" are no different down your way as they are here. For goodness sake folks, go to the grocery on the weekend and buy enough for the week. Modern America makes me shake my head.
Ed

12:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's even doing that icy shit here in 'Bama

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home