Friday, February 02, 2007

Bullet Friday...

...first installment.










  • My heart goes out to those in Florida that were hit by the tornado. That son-of-a-bitch was a half-mile wide. I can't even get my head around that. But it brought to mind just how fragile life is. One minute you're here and the next you aren't. In the blink of an eye. Now I'm not going to spew forth that froth of "live it like it's your last" bullshit. It just makes me wonder if you really thought that teeth whitening thing you spent $300 on at 4 PM did you any good? I know we can't anticipate the bad shit that's going to happen, but that one hour you spent trying to make yourself pretty could have been spent with your kids or loved ones. They may be called the "pearly" gates, but I don't think they meant teeth. There will come a time when the hand of God comes and squeezes your earthly breath out of you. Make sure your ain't concentrating on your own ass.



  • Back in the late 70's or early 80's, I don't remember, there was a young tennis player by the name of Andrea Jeager. She was an accomplished player. I only know that because I was into tennis at the time. I lost interest in it. Never thought about her again. Until today. I have no idea how old she is now, but I saw this on the news tonight and it restored my vision of humanity. She has become an Episcopal nun and runs a center for kids with cancer. I'm sure she made millions in her career, but she used it for the glory of others. That's just too kewl. And she was one HOT number, but I don't do nuns, cept for that one.



  • It seems I have pissed off two women. So be it. It is was it is. But I do think about them and wish them well. Nuff said.





Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Hang in there girl...e-mail me if ya need to...and at least you have some morals to confront. Most don't.

9:08 AM  
Blogger La Cremiere said...

Selflessness is an outstanding virtue. That's whatmade me love Audrey Hepburn, she was such an amazing woman and dedicated her life and entire bank account to the children in Africa.

Most of the time, I wish I was out there making a difference, but selfishness prevents, if I was out there, I would not be here having fun, so I tell myself everyday, that I'll go out and make a difference the day I retire. I'd better keep my word on this, otherwise I'll have to kick myself all the way down to hell.

3:52 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

parlez vous francais?

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home