Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm A Fairly Benevolent Person..

...and when I give money to someone or some agency I check them out.


This shit is just wrong. Blogging is a medium. For writing. Nothing more. Some have found a niche whereby they use it to prey upon the goodness of others to gather money into their coffers for nothing other than their own benefit.
This individual has made a living off of it. And now he wants you to do it for others. He loves the "good" things in life and wants you to make sure that he has them. So he relies on you to give them to him.

I was suckered into one time. If you fear his "wrath", you're a pussy. Give your money to causes that mean something. Don't give it to someone that wants to go socialize. Then again, it's your damned money.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, in one post you laud me, and the next you revile me? I'm confused.

Sounds like mood swings.

3:04 AM  
Blogger none said...

I saw someone link to that person yesterday, can't remember who.

I was kind of taken aback myself. If I don't have the fucking money to go on a trip I just don't fucking go. Wow what a concept.

Like you said, people can burn their cash any way they want, but I want no part of that stupidity.

5:53 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

One born every minute, self included.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

wow, i was impressed.
but i did not give any money
if that tells you what kind of impression it left.

5:52 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Bane, I will always laud your writing, it's worth the praise. And then some. And I have contributed to your causes. But when you solicit money so people can go and just socialize, I kinda have to disagree with that one. I realize it's a military blog, and they deserve the right to some fun and recognition. But wouldn't the money be more useful if it were sent to the the new place in San Antonio? Just saying.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Dick said...

A moochin' lying bastard huh?
Go get a job ya fuckin' asswipe.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Sean was planning on funding his own trip and he is a panelist on:

Wounded Warriors, Healers and Angels. Moderated by Chuck Z. 2:45 - 4:30

This panel will focus on our wounded warriors, medics and the organizations which swing into action to help our wounded heroes and their families.


He is a medic and has done 3 tours. He's not just going to Washington, DC to socialize and you do him a disservice by implying such to your readers.

3:41 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

It is, nevertheless, a blog conference. Which denotes a pastime he engages in. It's hardly a charitable organization. I admire his service and he is heartily thanked for it. My pocketbook says so. As it does for all those that have served.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home