Saturday, October 14, 2006

I've Never Been...

...an avid Andy Rooney reader. I like him on 60 Minutes and I've read a few of his books, but this is marvelous. Picked it up after stopping at the bank last night. He's in his eighties but still sharp as a tack, and lucid about what happens around him. Not bossy by any stretch of the imagination. And the old bastard can just flat out write. I saw an interview with him one time at his Connecticut home about thirty years ago. He was talking about writing and he had an old typewriter out in his shed where he would, finger by finger, peck out his social venom. He actually started weeping. Now there's a passionate author.

3 Comments:

Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I have read some of his stars ans stripes stuff. Just hard for me to get past his eyebrows.

5:19 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Just having Mr. Bane comment is enough. Semper Fi...

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is a terrific writer with a dry sense of humor that I admire.

I recently read his 1987 book A Few Minutes with Andy Rooney and enjoyed it.

Perfect for the bathroom library.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home