Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'm Sure This Gentleman...

...is a good man. He seems to be trying to save Africa from the AIDS virus. So he's launched a chain of red clothing. Red, I guess, meaning 'Danger Will Robinson'. I'm not sure I'd trust someone that wears glasses like that, but what the hell, it must be a fashion statement of some kind. And I hear he's gotten the Oprah ego on board.

It seems the point of the whole project is to get AIDS drugs to Africa so the people engaging in unprotected sex won't die. Hmmm, isn't there a cheaper way to do this without preying upon those of us that know how to keep it in our pants and panties. Condoms, maybe? Education? Aren't AIDS drugs pretty expensive? Wouldn't it be easier to get all the males of the tribe together and tell them that when their weapon starts getting rigid and wants to go to war, just slip this little sheath on it. And when the women folk see said weapon heading their way, just take this pill, or put this jelly in this little plastic thing and run like hell?

But, of course, I'm not a rock star, so who's gonna listen to my ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Hate him.

12:31 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Well damn girl, he hasn't done anything to you, has he? I can honestly say I've never purposely listened to one of U2's songs, but I don't hate the SOB. What I hate is how he uses his fame in the guise of humanitarianism.

1:22 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

So, ya gonna marry my ass?

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home