Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's Taken Me All Day...


...to try and get my head around this.
I agree with LL. We have become immune to seeing the crawl on the news saying that another soldier or marine was killed in Iraq. For Christ's sake people. When we start concentrating more on congressmen that want to get into the pants of young pages than on young men and women that are sacrificing their lives, then something has gone terribly amok.

I cannot possibly fathom the pain that Ron and his family are going through, but I respect his right to privacy. When I first read LL's post this morning I wanted to get sick, literally. He never mentioned that his nephew was in Iraq that I remember. I wanted to call him straight away, but it was early in the morning and I was still shaken. Later he took the post down and commented on my post that he was OK. So I respected that. I am royally pissed at the MSM that continue to concentrate on the sensationalism that exists in our government. We should be more like the UK, that puts restrictions on stuff like this. Get the media out of Iraq and finish this shit. Enough of human rights, torture and the like. Let the military do their job, which is to protect our asses. And if you don't think that's the case, then go dig up the story that broke today in France about 14 policemen a day being beaten by islamist pigs. Thirteen soldiers in Iraq have been killed in the past 3 days. Mostly from IED's. The instances of said roadside bombs is at it's highest level since the invasion. I can't tell you how pissed off I am about this. But as long as you assholes can go get your starbucks, pay under $3 bucks a gallon for gas and buy your 'really sexy halloween outfit, then what the fuck. Pull your heads outta your asses, people. These people are dying for you. You may not think so, but I very well remember Vietnam, and the end of that was not pretty. And it wasn't so because the right-wing dems decided that it was OK to have the press imbedded with the troops. Can you possibly imagine being on a mission and having to worry about some media person being with your unit and having to make sure they are protected. I call for a lockdown on this shit. All media out of Iraq. NONE. No reporting of any kind.

I've gone on too long about this, but I don't know how else to fight it. I consider Ron a friend and I have never had one conversation with him that wasn't speckled with fun and laughter. His nephew didn't deserve this, but I hold him in the highest esteem. And Ron is right. We can sit here and blog all day long without recourse, because we live in a democracy. But it is, afterall, just a blog. It isn't life and death. His nephews mission was. So when you do a post about whinny ass shit about not being able to get a man, or your job sucks, or your car broke, or you have leaves in your driveway, think about how his nephew would so love to have those problems. If only. And Ron, you do what you see fit. I know there are many out there that love reading you and would like to continue to do so. But if not, we had the pleasure of what you have done. I would call, but I will respect your space. You know where I am. Semper Fi my friend.

UPDATE: Well, I called his ass anyways. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't. I'm glad I did. Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home