Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Eldest Son...

...just called. His best friend from high school had a sister that died. He went to be with his friend for moral and physical support. Because he knew it was the right thing to do. I feel badly for "B" and his family. I really like that kid. We spent many an hour over a few brewskies, the three of us. This kinda stuff hits my son hard. When he was a lifequard one summer someone drowned. He pulled the kid outta the water. He called me an hour later in tears. Took him weeks to get over it. He was in tears today. The girl was only 18. It was a genetic heart defect, but she had beaten the odds she was given at birth and they thought she had it made. I'm getting a little misty myself as I write, so prayers go out for this young girls family. And to my son, for knowing the right thing to do. It's not always about us...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

sounds like you have good reason to be "one proud dad".... my sympathies to her family and friends.

8:28 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

thanks Jean. They're a very nice family. She had just gotten a new car. She was all excited about it. Sometimes life just sucks...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

...amen to that.

12:22 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Life has an advocate SM. We need more of them...

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home