Friday, September 08, 2006

I Am Not One...


...to tell parents, or anyone for that matter, how to deal with medical stuff. I have refused all treatment for cancer, up to this point in time. That won't go one forever. But holy fuckamoly, if you were a parent and there was a vaccine out there for human papilloma virus that might prevent your young daughter from getting cervical cancer, your telling me you wouldn't do it? Because it means they're thinking about sex? WTF!! Of course they are. So did your ass at that age. Unfortunately it wasn't about doing it with me, but I digress. Some mother said she wouldn't do it because she felt it would make her 12 YEAR OLD daughter want to engage in sex sooner than she should. So, as a parent, you are more concerned with your misguided sexual mores than the life of your child? If there had been a vaccine for prostate cancer when my sons were born I would have had NO compunction getting it for them. I guess our educational institutions have failed us miserably. This one seems like a no brainer. Now, I could go the route I take, and say I don't trust modern medicine, which I don't, but if they came out with one of those gene therapy thingys that turn cells into cancer fighters, I would take it in a minute. So I'm a hypocrite. You aren't? I have to go to the bathroom. Don't ask...

2 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

Honey, I wrote about this and I WOULD refuse the vaccine. First of all, there are no long term studies on the vaccine. Secondly, HPV is genital warts. I'd rather my daughter use condoms and prevent THE WHOLE PACKAGE, not just the cancer.

1:37 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I'm a guy...what the hell do I know? Does it involve a tool??

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home