Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I Was Listenting To...


...a local radio talk show this afternoon and they were debating if a college in Wisconsin should be 'allowed' to teach a class on the 9/11 conspiracy theory that's circulating out there. I've read bits and pieces of it and my only conclusion is that no one in this current administration is smart enough to have pulled off such an atrocity. But as to the question if the college should teach a class on it? Well, I see no reason why not. The purpose of academia is to teach students to think rationally and discern truth from fiction. This should be a no-brainer and an easy 'A' for those that take it. But, I'm not really qualified to offer an opinion because I haven't been in an academic atmosphere in well over 25 years. But they do have the academic freedom to do so. I doubt the same is true in colleges over in the countries that perpetrated this act, if they even have schools of higher learning.

On a side note, I received three pictures from the nephew over in Iraq. He looks well and fit, but damned that place is a hellhole if there ever was one. Just DAMN!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

I don't know if this is UW-Madison or not, but probably cuz they have that lecturer who is teaching a class on Islam and is a conspiracy theorist. The problem with this type of class is that there is NO guarantee that the students will be shown both sides. To be honest, a lot of ONE side is still classified, so NO ONE has see all the evidence.

Oh, and since I am a graduate of UW-Madison, let me tell you, "critical thinking" ain't part of the game plan. Never has been. When you have students plastering thousands of PAPER flyers all over campus urging students to write to a Lame Duck President (Clinton in his last 3 months of office) and urging him to "do something" about the cutting down of rain forests....well, let's just say the kids aren't necessarily thinking of cause and effect.

11:58 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

That's exactly where it is.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home