Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Am By Nature...


...an introvert. I don't like crowds. I avoid them at all costs. I have been this way as long as I can remember, but not nearly as bad as I have been as of late. I suppose it's like most things; the longer you have them the worse they get. I used to be able to interact with a small group of people and function fairly normally. At least as normal as I get. In my younger days I was asked to give speeches at certain occasions. My younger brothers wedding, a eulogy at a college professor that died two minutes after his mother did. And I never had a problem with those. I have a good speaking voice and a command of the language. If you were to ask me now I would shit my pants at the very thought of it. I have no medical or psychological reason for my decline other than age and deteriorating brain cells. But it's my personality and I'm not going to apologize for it. It is what it is. Of course I could attribute it to that time in my childhood when we had that weird ass dog that ate it's own feces and then snuck up on me in the bathroom and sniffed my ass and freaked out and went scampering out of the room with my foot in its collar and hawled ass out into the street carrying me through the neighborhood for all to see. But that was minor, don't ya think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home