Saturday, December 02, 2006

I Feel Sorry For Women...

...that are subscribers to personal sites and others, like MySpace. For some reason they feel the need to include numerous pictures of themselves.

One would be enough. We get the fact that you are lovely and buxom. And, no doubt, you are overwhelmed with offers for wild monkey sex. But what does that say about you? There is some sort of discrepancy here. It either says you have such low self-esteem that you feel the need to compromise yourself, or you enjoy the thought that thousands of men are oogling over the photos. What happened to liking someone for whom they are. A voice, a mannerism, a whimsical gesture.

Goes to show you that life is a dichotomy. We want to accept ourselves, but we can't do it unless we feel that others can accept us. And we'll go to any lengths to do it. And in doing it the way we do, we get dissed.

Funny how that works.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

What I don't get are the ones who think they have to collect people and have over 100 "friends" listed (the only people I list are actually real-world Friends Of Mine. I don't do internet personals at all but I do keep the myspace page. That and blogs make it easier to keep up with people without sending along annoying mass emails to people (one reason I started my blog - if people want to know they can come read it, and they do). The email segment within it also has a nice feature in that you can know when/if your email has been read.

As for the multiple photos, I know the internet personals sites encourage that and men do it too. It provides opportunity to get a view of people in different situations. Casual vs Formal, with the dog, out on a ski trip, with a smile, with a serious look, whatever. It enables you to get a better handle on what to expect if you meet the person in life. Or that's the idea, anyhow. Nobody really looks like their one single best photo.

1:14 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Um...hope you didn't think I was referring to you, nursey. I'll take your pics any day of the week. And the smile. Don't always think it's about you.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Nope, not at all. Don't always assume that because I comment that I think it's about me or that you know what I think. Just tossing out a different point of view.

1:34 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I wouldn't ever try to tell you what to think, my dear. You know better.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home