Wednesday, November 22, 2006

So In A Nor'Easter...

...I drove to the clinic this morning for the blood draw. It never ceases to amaze me. There's alot of sick and ailing people in the world. And some not doing so well. I'm fascinated as I walk down the long hallways and try to wrap my head around what they might be going through. Cancer prognosis coming up? Chemo today? Blood draw that reveals some weird ass disease?

You see them in wheelchairs, carrying oxygen, other kinds of bags that who knows what are pumping things into their veins. I had the opportunity to meet Tasha this morning, after an hour and-a-half wait. For a blood letting. Tasha was a nice woman. See didn't appear to like me looking into her eyes as she stuck the needle in my very protruding vein. Yeah, I have good veins. Easy to find and pierce. She asked if I was sure I wanted to watch. Always have. You be extracting my tomato juice that keeps my ventricles contracting, my ass is watching. I told her so. She laughed. For a long time. We got along splendidly. Funny how they're gonna go do some mysterious tests on my blood and determine my future. And inform me by mail. I love it. I think if it comes back badly I should get to use the stamp again to tell them to fuck off. It is, after all, 37 cents. That could be a share of some chemo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

For you, I will pray for good news... just in case wishing and hoping aren't quite enough.

4:33 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Are they ever, clutz?

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

ha... smartass!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home