Friday, November 03, 2006

I Don't Believe I've Ever Posted About This...

...and it's unlikely I ever will again. It seems that the use of illegal substances has permeated the cricket community.

Until you realize that sport in this day and age is entertainment, then this issue will never go away. I don't give a rats ass if Barry Bonds hits 1100 home runs. If a running back in the NFL amasses 4500 yards in a season, I don't care. If Tiger was on some sort of "thing" would I still watch him? Of course. This isn't church we're doing here. Our society is such now that we expect nothing less than the spectacular, and these guys have figured out how to do it. You don't want to watch a game between the Colts and Patriots with a final of 14-7. A baseball game with a final of 2-1 is unacceptable. A cricket game, well hell, I have no idea what it is, other than they throw a ball with a skip and you hit it with a cleaning utensil. But we NEED the excitement. It permeates our personal lives. We need "exciting" sex. They have all sorts of stuff for that now. Go out to eat, we need exciting food. Life is too short for anything less than exciting. I'm gonna go start my exciting dinner. Boiling water and spaghetti sauce. I ROCK!!

1 Comments:

Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home