Monday, February 26, 2007

We're Coming Up On...

...severe weather month here in NC. Lots of thunderstorms. In and of themselves they have never bothered me. More of a nuisance than anything else. Dangerous at times, for sure, but if you use some common sense they're harmless for the most part. I've been in enough of some horrific ones that you just learn to take your lumps and hope for the best.


But it does bring back memories of those many years of working in the golf course industry. In a simpler time there were no integrated parts to a sprinkler system. You went out and physically inserted the sprinkler head and you had water and green grass. In the mid 80's they developed the automated systems. Circuit boards and such. Computers that were supposed to make my life easier.

I can't tell you the number of "missions" I had to go on after work hours to clean up the mess these ill-conceived contraptions provided me. They had no surge protection. Any strike within 100 hundred yards fried the boards and you then had water going everywhere because the solenoids on the sprinkler heads were locked in the open position. I made a lot of overtime during those ten years. And got my ass shocked and awed on a few occasions. And don't reach down in a hole with a 440 volt wire running through it and half full of water. It gets your attention right damned quick. All for the sake of some rich fuckers and green grass. Now all I have to deal with is the electro charged butthole I've developed.

1 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Use that electro butthole for good instead of evil ;)

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home